REPORT A SIGHTING: DEATHCAP (AMANITA PHALLOIDES) MUSHROOMS

Don't guess. Be sure.

Wash hands after handling the mushroom.

WARNING: The deathcap causes life-threatening liver damage if eaten.

IF A DEATHCAP MUSHROOM HAS BEEN EATEN, GO TO THE HOSPITAL AND CALL POISON CONTROL

1-800-567-8911

 

* (required fields)

Don't know the tree? Submit a photo of the tree and leaves

(submit up to 3 photos)

 

Mushroom Description

Submit photos of the whole mushroom, showing cap, stem and base, and a photo of the gills. Cut buttons top to bottom to reveal the baby mushroom inside.

(submit up to 4 pictures)

 

Click here for more information on the deathcap from the BC Ministry of Forests.


deathcap mushroom parts

By clicking the submit button below, you agree to and accept the terms and conditions governing the use of submitted information by DPIC.